 Parts / Modification / 34
Re: Home made weight bricks and train base plates
Newsgroups:
lugnet.parts.mod
Date:
Thu, 12 Aug 2004 23:23:07 GMT

"Mathew Clayson" <mathew_impact1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
Has anyone made thier own weight bricks?

My thought was to hollow out the bottom of a brick with a dremel, then • fill it
with BBs. And finally glue a plate across the bottom. This could be useful • to
add weight to some of my smaller train MOCs, where the standard weight is • to
large. It could be done with a pair of 2 x 6 bricks to achieve different • colors
then red and black as well.

I was also wondering if anyone has made shorter or longer train base • plates? A
20 stud and a 36 stud would be useful.

Mat

I've built subassemblies and filled them with pennies to use for lift bridge
weights.

-Rob