 Parts / Modification / 33
Re: custom electric parts?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.parts.mod, lugnet.parts.custom
Date:
Thu, 12 Aug 2004 23:22:03 GMT

"Joe Strout" <joe@strout.net> wrote in message
news:joe-31DD12.17011212082004@lugnet.com...
Has anyone seen instructions, schematics, plans, rough sketches on
napkins, etc. for custom electric LEGO parts?

LEGO seems to be getting out of the electronics business, which is a
shame IMHO.  The available selection is quite limited (and pricey too).
So I'd like to learn how to make my own lights, power adapters,
switches, logic gates, buzzers, and simple sensors.  (One shouldn't have
to buy a Mindstorms kit to make a simple LEGO burglar alarm!)  But it's
been a long while since I played with electronics much, and so I'd like
to start by walking in the footsteps of others.

Start here. This is a good place to find alternate contact methods and a
plethora of sensors and electronic circuits:

http://www.plazaearth.com/usr/gasperi/lego.htm

-Rob