 Parts / Modification / 40
Re: Home made weight bricks and train base plates
Newsgroups:
lugnet.parts.mod
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 2004 09:20:05 GMT

In lugnet.parts.custom, Mathew Clayson wrote:
Has anyone made thier own weight bricks?

My thought was to hollow out the bottom of a brick with a dremel, then fill it
with BBs. And finally glue a plate across the bottom. This could be useful to
add weight to some of my smaller train MOCs, where the standard weight is to
large. It could be done with a pair of 2 x 6 bricks to achieve different colors
then red and black as well.

I was also wondering if anyone has made shorter or longer train base plates? A
20 stud and a 36 stud would be useful.

Look at my page under Modifications
http://my.tele2.ee/sonnich/lego/
or go direktly there by this link:
http://my.tele2.ee/sonnich/lego/modify01.htm

I also have some cars 34 studs long (7 wide), and I am playing around with a new
luggage car 16-20 studs long.
Look under Createtions - Trains - there are a number of this type of trains.

Lately I noticed this on brickshelf:

His main gallery is here with some real great cars

BR
Sonnich