 Parts / Modification / 38
Re: Home made weight bricks and train base plates
Newsgroups:
lugnet.parts.mod
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 2004 03:45:46 GMT

In lugnet.parts.custom, Mathew Clayson wrote:
My thought was to hollow out the bottom of a brick with a dremel, then fill
it with BBs. And finally glue a plate across the bottom.

Lead fishing weights will weigh more than copper BBs, and you might be able to
build custom molds so you can melt weights and form them so they'll fit into an
unmodified brick, both inside the tubes and in the larger cavity.

I was also wondering if anyone has made shorter or longer train base plates?
A 20 stud and a 36 stud would be useful.

If you don't mind them sitting a little higher on the bogeys, you can always
cheat this by building your train sleds with regular plates and a couple of
TECHNIC plates built into the center for bogey mounts.  Just make sure you don't
build anything directly on top of the holes you plan to use for bogeys or it'll
make them stiff on turns.