 Parts / Modification / *49 (-20)
  Re: Home made weight bricks and train base plates

(...) Lead is usually added in a very small amount to make it flow into fine detail better. It's probably only a few percent lead content, so handling it wouldn't bear anywhere near the same risk of lead poisoning that handling pure lead does. (...) (...) (20 years ago, 17-Aug-04, to lugnet.parts.mod)

  Re: Home made weight bricks and train base plates

(...) I know there is tin in it, but lead - dont know. Its melting point should be a little above 100C. A friend of mine tells, that there should not be Cadmium in it, as Cadmium is toxic. (In our case they would probably end in a model rather than (...) (20 years ago, 17-Aug-04, to lugnet.parts.mod)

  Re: BrickFest Friday - some photos

(...) Of course, after posting the previous message, I realized I probably should have also mentioned using padded jaws to hold extremely small pieces rather than your fingers. Figured the opportunity to correct that would present itself in short (...) (20 years ago, 16-Aug-04, to lugnet.parts.mod)

  Re: BrickFest Friday - some photos

(...) Eye protection...hmm...that's a really good point. Hey, ask Rob about the time he drilled his thumb and had to get 22 stitches. ;-) --Todd (20 years ago, 16-Aug-04, to lugnet.parts.mod)

  Re: BrickFest Friday - some photos

(...) One can only hope that someone will caption the "Bejesus Drilling Sequence" at some point (and issue a caution to never, ever use the rotary cutting tool without eye protection unlike the Genius Rob who is apparently trying to emulate the (...) (20 years ago, 16-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.parts.mod)

  BrickFest Friday - some photos

A few photos from Friday... (URL) only got an hour of sleep Thursday night and didn't feel much like taking tons of photos yesterday. There are some nice shots of Rob Hendrix drilling the bejesus out of Episode VI Luke and Episode I Jar-Jar. Check (...) (20 years ago, 14-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.parts.mod, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Home made weight bricks and train base plates

(...) that it might as well not be radioactive (half-life of 19*10^18 years), is the only non-toxic heavy metal (aside from the radioactivity, but you probably get that much radiation standing under direct sunlight) and combines easily with (...) (20 years ago, 13-Aug-04, to lugnet.parts.mod, FTX)

  Re: Home made weight bricks and train base plates

(...) Better still, avoid the dremel by buying second hand some old 2x4s, which have no tubes underneath. Fill with plasticine or similar denser material that doesn't get too hot (i.e. not solder), leaving 1.6mm depth free for the studs of the brick (...) (20 years ago, 13-Aug-04, to lugnet.parts.mod)

  Re: cool lighted lightsabre

(...) That's interesting, I hadn't seen those before. Thanks for pointing them out! You're right, these mods are pretty amazing! The one on eBay has an advantage in terms of versatility -- no batteries (well, unless that's how you power your whole (...) (20 years ago, 13-Aug-04, to lugnet.parts.mod)

  Re: Home made weight bricks and train base plates

(...) Look at my page under Modifications (URL) go direktly there by this link: (URL) also have some cars 34 studs long (7 wide), and I am playing around with a new luggage car 16-20 studs long. Look under Createtions - Trains - there are a number (...) (20 years ago, 13-Aug-04, to lugnet.parts.mod)

  Re: cool lighted lightsabre

(...) I much prefer the designs of (URL) Rob Hendrix>. He's gotten them packed in to the point where the minifig and lightsaber look completely unmodified until you turn them on, and they run off of internal batteries so you don't need to hide any (...) (20 years ago, 13-Aug-04, to lugnet.parts.mod, FTX)

  Re: Home made weight bricks and train base plates

(...) Lead fishing weights will weigh more than copper BBs, and you might be able to build custom molds so you can melt weights and form them so they'll fit into an unmodified brick, both inside the tubes and in the larger cavity. (...) If you don't (...) (20 years ago, 13-Aug-04, to lugnet.parts.mod)

  Re: custom electric parts?

(...) One doesn't. All one needs to do is prop a bucket full of bricks on top of one's door. The burgler provides all of the loud sound effects gratis (well, you hope it's gratis...). ;P (20 years ago, 13-Aug-04, to lugnet.parts.mod, lugnet.parts.custom, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  cool lighted lightsabre

Just saw this on eBay: (URL) It's a modified lightsabre that actually glows! You can change the color of the light in the base between red and white, and of course, you can put any color sabre on it you want (even comes with a custom white sabre). (...) (20 years ago, 13-Aug-04, to lugnet.parts.mod)

  Re: Silkscreening parts

(...) I heard back from my friend Lee in email today: In mike's.email.inbox, Lee wrote: (...) Apparently my memory of it costing $30 was from the art school resale boards. I found the product website here: (URL) be a month or so before I have time (...) (20 years ago, 13-Aug-04, to lugnet.parts.mod)

  Re: Home made weight bricks and train base plates

"Mathew Clayson" <mathew_impact1@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:I2Cwvo.155L@lugnet.com... (...) fill it (...) to (...) to (...) colors (...) plates? A (...) I've built subassemblies and filled them with pennies to use for lift bridge weights. (...) (20 years ago, 12-Aug-04, to lugnet.parts.mod)

  Re: custom electric parts?

"Joe Strout" <joe@strout.net> wrote in message news:joe-31DD12.1701...net.com... (...) Start here. This is a good place to find alternate contact methods and a plethora of sensors and electronic circuits: (URL) (20 years ago, 12-Aug-04, to lugnet.parts.mod, lugnet.parts.custom)

  Home made weight bricks and train base plates

Has anyone made thier own weight bricks? My thought was to hollow out the bottom of a brick with a dremel, then fill it with BBs. And finally glue a plate across the bottom. This could be useful to add weight to some of my smaller train MOCs, where (...) (20 years ago, 12-Aug-04, to lugnet.parts.custom, lugnet.parts.mod, lugnet.trains)

  Re: custom electric parts?

(...) The only thing I've done is to add LEDs. Cutting a 9v jumper came first. But I can't aford to do that to often. Either way, I'd love to see more of this as well. Mat (20 years ago, 12-Aug-04, to lugnet.parts.mod, lugnet.parts.custom)

  custom electric parts?

Has anyone seen instructions, schematics, plans, rough sketches on napkins, etc. for custom electric LEGO parts? LEGO seems to be getting out of the electronics business, which is a shame IMHO. The available selection is quite limited (and pricey (...) (20 years ago, 12-Aug-04, to lugnet.parts.mod, lugnet.parts.custom)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact