 Parts / 225
Re: What's in a part name? (WAS: 4679 Fall Spring Cleaning Bonus)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.parts
Date:
Fri, 16 Sep 2005 00:01:04 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Allan Bedford wrote:
   Are they studs or knobs?

Back to my childhood:

They are bumps. One bumper, two bumper, four bumper (I never had any three bumpers when I named them) are 1x bricks.

   Are they offset or jumper plates?

One bumper center plate!

(plates with no bumps are smooth plates.)

   Are they headlight or washing machine bricks?

Headlight bricks. But the 2x2 classic space bracket is a fender bender. Washing machines are the 2x2x2 boxes with doors.

Slopes.. nope, roof bricks.

Inverse slopes were upside-down roof bricks back then.