 Marketplace / Shopping / 12254
Re: 4679 Fall Spring Cleaning Bonus
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 21 Oct 2005 17:07:21 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Kevin Heckel wrote:
   Hey all,

I flickr’d a pic of the new bonus box that comes with the 4679 tub (which is, to remind everyone, a Toys R Us exclusive).

Click “All sizes” to see the full-size image, and mouse over the image to read my notes on the colors.

Oh, and the grays in the tub itself (mine, at least) are all new.

Thanks for the photo Kevin.

Whateverly Labs has done some further investigation with a sample of four 4679 tubs obtained from a TRU on the Canadian prairies. I hope this information is timely for those who want it.

Here are the findings for 3 Tubs numbered 3035 with boxes numbered 2915 and one tub numbered 3335 with a box numbered 3115. All these boxes had the same 500 pieces shown in Kevin’s picture. So, there appears to be less of a random factor this time.

The tubs themselves contain the new greys instead of the old. So, that’s 20 new dark grey in the box plus 32 in the tub and 5 new light grey in the box plus 30 in the tub. There are 42 old dark grey pieces and 63 old light grey pieces in the box. Desirability is of course in the eyes of the beholder.

Peace and pieces, Professor Whateverly