 Parts / 221
Re: What's in a part name? (WAS: 4679 Fall Spring Cleaning Bonus)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.parts
Date:
Thu, 15 Sep 2005 18:56:54 GMT

I think a few of us have our own terms. I have heard the studs
referred to as "lugs" as well, although I did have to explain to
someone that it was not reason Lugnet is so named.

How about Technic Beams vs Technic Bricks.  I admit to never having
thought of the headlight part as a washing machine part. I presume
when you say offset, you mean what I try to refer to  (rather long
windedly) as 2 x 1 with 1 stud plates, or simply center stud plates?

What about Liftarms vs Studless Beams? I think studless beams are more
applicable, as liftarm sufficed only when they were few, and used only
in a few sets as lift-arms.
--
http://orionrobots.co.uk - Build Robots