Re: Name tags...?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.wamalug
Date:
Mon, 22 May 2000 12:16:38 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.wamalug "Christopher Weeks" <clweeks@eclipse.net>
wrote:

In lugnet.org.us.wamalug, Tim Courtney writes:

A trekkie, I see :)

Golly, no!  I just used those fonts because they were on the machine I
borrowed.  I didn't figure out what they were from until after I was done.

I like science fiction too much to be a trekkie.  As far as I can tell the
original show had some good fiction, if little science, but was so terribly
produced that you had to be really starved for SF to get into it.  And the new
shows are largely soap operas in space, not space operas.  The show strikes
me, like Michael Crighton as being anti-science, and all of the political
'history' of the show is implausible.  Sorry.  But it is just about all there
is if you want SF TV.

That seems to be the general sentiment I get from SF fans.  I can't
get into the fantasy realm of SF like there is in other shows.  I'm
really nobody for fantasy themes/shows/etc.  That's what I feel about
the more 'serious' SF series/books...  I've gotten out of ST really,
though I still do enjoy an episode of TNG if I'm watching TV late at
night.

What I'm dissappointed with in Voyager is the fact that they have to
introduce a new alien race or even supernatural lifeform each episode,
then use a time rift to explain the gaping holes in the storyline.
That's eventually what made me sick of the show.  I think it was
pretty decent into the second season, until the enemies became unseen
and living inside of the ship and crew members got into telepathy and
became intangible 'forces.'

TNG was a good show, even if it was a soap opera in space.  Except for
the fact that they were Starfleet's most powerful ship, but always
used phasers and got their shields knocked down to 39% on the first
hit from an enemy craft. :)

Personally...I'd prefer a white badge or with faint bricks in the
background.  Pins/buttons

What kind of pins and buttons?

I think someone suggested from other fests, or themes one likes etc.
If we could choose those logos which represent favorite themes (Town
streetsign?  Classic space planet, Castle shield, trains semiphore
(sp?) etc..)

-Tim

http://www.zacktron.com
http://www.ldraw.org