Re: Name tags...?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.wamalug
Date:
Fri, 19 May 2000 15:01:50 GMT

Frank Filz <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote:

Christopher Weeks wrote:

In lugnet.org.us.wamalug, Shiri Dori writes:
I've been meaning to ask if you're planning on making any name tags. I think

Me too!

it'll be very useful because most of us will not recognize the other people.

Yup.

If you won't make any official ones, I'll make my own <grin>.

I was thinking about volunteering to do so, but I don't have a scanner easily
available and my digital camera is away at Nikon being serviced :-(

My idea was to spray out some bricks on the flat-bed scanner, scan it, shrink
or crop (depending on what looked best) it down, and select a rectangle in the
center (or bottom center) and fade it out as a place to write names in.

I might fool around with some auction pics that I have, just to see.

Well, at worst case the brick backgrounds from Lugnet could be used.
What would be kind of cool is if the background which will be used is
posted on the web, and then those of us who want to pre-print our name
tags can do so.

Name tags should contain the following items:

Name
City, State
Local LUG and/or LTC you are a member of

Other thoughts:

Lugnet "button" if you are a Lugnet member (with or without member
number)
Icons for the theme(s) you consider your favorite(s)

...good one! :-) I like the theme icons bestest. Lugnet icon is good too.

...We can print up a sheet of assorted icons on sticky backed paper and print up 'blank'
nametags (Staples has decent deal on these things) that way we will be able to generate
them 'onsite' easily.

...you can go back to ignoring me now...

wubwub
stephen f roberts
wamalug guy  (http://wamalug.org)
wildlink.com