Re: Name tags...?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.wamalug
Date:
Sun, 21 May 2000 03:00:07 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.wamalug "Christopher Weeks" <clweeks@eclipse.net>
wrote:
I have two of my own - a general BAYLUG one, and my own ldraw.org one.
But your ideas sound better :)  If you don't make them Brickfest
specific, they'd be easily reusable for other fests throughout the
country as well.

Or, buttons/name badges could be overtly non-generic and a mildly geeky
tradition of wearing several to mark the multiple gatherings attended could
start.  This could work out well if they were done stylishly.

Well....I've only used the ldraw.org one at the Museum of Science and
Industry (Chicago) for the FLL competition - partly to identify myself
to other lugnetters coming, and partly to be recognized in a serious
group of lego users.  The latter of which didn't work.  But I was
mistaken for a mindstorms exhibit employee (with the red brick logo on
the badge and all).

The BAYLUG one was sent to me as I am an honorary member there.  I've
been to SF and met AFOLs there, but I havent' been to a baylug meeting
either.  Oh, I have a badge from the carlsbad legofest 99 on opening
day....hmmm...

I'd prefer not to be a geek, nor to have the ora of the ldraw.org
badge - so I'll wear what everyone else is wearing ;)

The ldraw.org one I'll save for promotions this summer (which aren't
official/announced yet) and .datFest in the fall...  I could bring it
though...

Hopefully I'll know soon whether I'm coming for sure or not.  Hope to
see you all then!

-Tim

http://www.zacktron.com
http://www.ldraw.org