Re: MICHLUG Organization, ideas, etc. WAS:(Re: MichLUG logo)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 12:19:18 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Scott Edward Sanburn writes:
To All,

Kai,

I am more than happy to do it at your house, I think there
will be more thean 4 people, however. While we are there, we
can discuss some items of conern I have had over a few
things, in terms of our group and all.

I just wanted to clarify this statement, there has been some
misinterpretations. My initial post on this subject line was hoping to get
some discussion going for the organizaiton for our LEGO club. I have not had
any responses, and I was hoping we can get some direction, and our next
meeting would be a good place for it. I meant no offense / harshness / bad
feelings to Kai or anyone, just wanted to get some feedback!

Scott S.
--
Want LEGO Elements at Great Prices?
Visit The Sanburn Systems Company

I agree Scott. We should try to organize or at least decide about the web site.

The organizational issues would be:

      Regular meeting schedule
      Web site and maintainence
      Asset Management

The "club" as it stands has assets (the LD contribution to the train show) and
the web site name will be another. Cris is storing the stuff which is very
nice of him considering his space constraints (He is literally hip deep in
LEGOS). But who owns the name?

One thing I would like to see is a Kid oriented event. All of the meetings have
been "bring the kids" which is good but I would like to see an event where the
kids are the actual focus of the get together (I will bring a 6 year old). For
purposes of this discussion, "kid" is anyone younger than Kai :-).

Lester