Re: MICHLUG Organization, ideas, etc. WAS:(Re: MichLUG logo)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 05:21:34 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Scott Edward Sanburn writes:

I just wanted to clarify this statement, there has been some
misinterpretations. My initial post on this subject line was hoping to get
some discussion going for the organizaiton for our LEGO club. I have not had
any responses, and I was hoping we can get some direction, and our next
meeting would be a good place for it. I meant no offense / harshness / bad
feelings to Kai or anyone, just wanted to get some feedback!

Understood!  :^)  I think I started the whole "let's get together" since it
had been awhile.

As for the organization, I think that there has to be some formal structure
with a formal time schedule, much in the way I hear of SeaLUG.  Even if only
a couple show at any one meet, the idea of having semi-fixed get-togethers
with a rotation in meeting places is necessary if we are going to meet more
than three times a year.

We also need minutes from meetings to be posted, for the sake of planned
events and group trips.  I would like to see some the travelling lego
displays that I keep hearing out of Chicago way.  Formal visits to nearby
lugs would foster communication and growth.

~Trev