Subject:
3T Board Change Suggestion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc
Date:
Sat, 7 Jan 2006 23:07:23 GMT

In the posts regarding the get together for 3T, it was mentioned that all the
robots had a few issues getting cubes to sit flat in the holes.  I have spent a
lot of effort to tweak my drop locating method so that it hits the holes
perfectly.

What I have found is that if you miss by even a little bit, the cube will get
cocked in the hole and it catches on the studs at the bottom of the hole.  This
makes it impossible for the robot to move the cube at all without picking it
back up.

This leads me to a suggested board modification that would probably help all
participants equally by improving our reliability.

I suggest that we modify the board to have tiles at the bottom of the cube
holes.  This will allow "sliding" the cube a little after it is dropped.  A
gross miss of the hole will still result in catching the cube on the studs of
the divider blocks.

Can I get a vote on this?

Bryan