Re: 3T Board Change Suggestion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc
Date:
Sun, 8 Jan 2006 23:59:40 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.laflrc, Brian Davis wrote:
In lugnet.org.us.laflrc, Bryan Bonahoom wrote:

Either way, tiles at the bottom of the cell would allow the robot
to "push" the cube back in the hole so it isn't cocked.

   True, but... I guess my main concern is that as it stands, everybodies can
work (I think) with an occassional nudge or human touch to "correct" a cube. And
we said that would be OK, for at least the first trial. I don't see a reason to
make the challenge easier at this point.

Wait a minute...

You guys are willing to accept a human "nudge" of a cube as part of the spec,
and you call adding tiles making the challenge easier??

I guess I don't see a human nudge as an acceptable part fo robot operation.
Especially when you want to leave it for kids to run.

As for John's response about dropping the cube slower, the answer is no, I can't
control the drop rate.  But, I don't see bouncing as the problem.  You may be
right about speed  of the robot.  Maybe I can achieve a little more accurate aim
by slowing down the robot.

Whatever...My robot works 90% of the time without nudges...which translates to
about 1 nudge every 2 games.

Bryan