Re: 3T Board Change Suggestion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc
Date:
Mon, 9 Jan 2006 01:09:12 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.laflrc, John Brost wrote:

...I actually did have tiles in the bases of each square.  But Steve
had me take them out because he didn't figure anybody would have that
many tiles.

   It's a good point. For one thing, for anybody who wants to use a light sensor
to "look" at the cells, the bottom would have to be a standard color. And on top
of that, each board would require nine 1x1 ties of the chosen color. Tough.

Maybe it is a trade off that people will have to work with...
slower robot or less accurate dropping.

   That's where I see us at now, but I'm betting as we go we'll discover more
ways to get better at both.

My robot has gone through some significant modifications.

   Sounds inteesting. If you want to share, I'd love to learn (hardware or
software). I rebuilt the baseplate and some fine tuning made it just as accurate
on cleaning the board as playing. Annoyingly, I still don't have a bullet-proof
strategy in place (I'm still trying to avoid an opening book, but alas,that's
starting to seem sillier as I go).

Hopefully this version will be better.

   Does it play?

--