Re: 3T Board Change Suggestion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc
Date:
Mon, 9 Jan 2006 18:20:23 GMT

On Mon, January 9, 2006 11:31 am, Bryan Bonahoom wrote:
UNCLE - I give up - okay already - now I just want to kick all of your butts in
the competition  :)

Just because I didn't show up on January 2nd...   I see how you are  :)

We need to remind Kerby to also vote "no"...  :)

Just goes to show that there was an error in the board design.  If the board had
been designed with 6x6 cells (instead of 5x5) then it would be 1)  easier to
tile the bottom and 2) just easier    :)

That's fine...I will make my robot compensate for a questionable decision  :)

Not a problem.  We understand why you made the decision.  :)

(I hope you guys know I am kidding)

And, you know, also.

I actually found a coding error last night that should help a little.  I could
still slow down my robot (haven't yet) if necessary.  I think I can get the
reliability up to around 98% - which should be pretty good.

Much better.  Now the robot will only lose 1 in 10, instead of 1 in 2...  :)

We've been talking about the schedule.  As it stands now, I'm going to suggest we do
this for Jan, Feb & March.  That will include the Children's Expo in Feb, and the
"final" on March 19.  Then, after that we can do Indy 5.0 for April and May.

How's that?

John: it sounds like yours is going well.  Total rewrite, Major rebuild.  Always a
good idea when things just aren't working right.

Before my trip, I got my robot playing.  Finally.  I disabled the opening book, and
it clearly needs fine-tuning.  But it's working.  I was thinking about taking out
the opening book, but it really doesn't save that much code.

Steve