Re: 3T Board Change Suggestion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc
Date:
Mon, 9 Jan 2006 18:25:09 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.laflrc, Bryan Bonahoom wrote:

now I just want to kick all of your butts in
the competition  :)

   Fair enough. As it stands right now, my robot is best suited to entertaining
the kids while the "real" competitors fight it out :-).

If the board had been designed with 6x6 cells (instead of 5x5)
then it would be 1)  easier to tile the bottom and 2) just easier    :)

   True: and if we had used 3x3 cubes, I could have fit it in a smaller package
:-). Personally, I wouldn't have used the 4-plate high walls between the cells.
Good thing *I* didn't get my way, because those walls allow a lot of novel
solutions I'd not thought of.

(I hope you guys know I am kidding)

   Yes. Well, you're kidding about all but kicking our butts - THAT I'm certain
you're completely serious about ;-)

I think I can get the reliability up to around 98% - which should be
pretty good.

  Agreed.

--
Brian Davis