Re: 3T
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc
Date:
Sat, 7 Jan 2006 23:01:17 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.laflrc, Brian Davis wrote:
In lugnet.org.us.laflrc, Steve Hassenplug wrote:

   Yes, Steve's was the smallest, and fastest, and the only one that was
completely on a 32x32 (and a road baseplate at that).

My robot also basically rests on a 32x32 plate...I have an extension off the
back more for some stability than anything else.

   Steve is too modest. His is also the only 3T robot of the day that could wipe
out a hoard of attacking Viking minifigs (yes, I have pictures).

Good news - I also have a low riding front end and can help Steve outflank the
Vikings at the next get together...a little ganging up of the robots perhaps  :)

I think I'm going to adopt one of Brian's suggestions and make
it possible for my robot to lose a game, in a rare random situation.

Good idea - it would be easy enough to have an alternate strategy that lays
random cubes when there is not a block needed or a winning move available.

   The best thing about the day is how dead wrong (again) I was. I thought there
would be some common elements betwen all the robots. The only thing they had in
common was placing cubes.

I have looked at the pictures and you can change the number of unique robots to
5 as mine doesn't look anything like anyone else's...and my drop mechanism is
nothing like what I saw.  My robot resembles Steve's the most...but only in that
I move the robot chasis over the board and read all three columns at once.  My
RCX is mounted on the moving chassis (unlike Steve's that sits on the table).

Bryan