Re: 3T
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc
Date:
Wed, 4 Jan 2006 14:39:59 GMT

Brian Davis wrote:

Brian may have pictures to post.

Yes, I do.

   OK, I think it's been moderated. Pictures of the first 3T get-together:

Brian's: Grey & yellow gantry with pick-and-place arm. Slow (10-30 sec / move),
but could clear the board.
Kirby's: Red & black with three long "fingers" to sense cubes, and a unique
skeletal "hand" that sort of rolled cubes into the cells. Also slow (untimed),
but played well.
John's: Mostly yellow with a free-running "arm" that carried a single block and
a dual light sensor / accessory light to detect cubes. Faster (I think), but had
problems with locating cubes, and some other coding issues. Nice to watch, and
uses pnematics for cube-dropping (hand powered, which ment we got to watch John
manually pump up for each match).
Steve's: Blue & black on a road baseplate. Quite fast, it would work OK except
that gravity is too slow. Had a tendancy to bounce or misplace blocks slightly,
leading to jamming as they caught on its low undercarriage.

*Everyone* misplaced at least one block during our get-together. Getting them to
*always* land flat and in the cell is an issue each of us had to deal with. I
think the most fun was had with watching Steve's 'bot take out the Vikings, or
in just watching two robots play each other autonomously. This has potential.

--
Brian Davis