 Organizations / Canada / VLC / *165 (-20)
  Friday's Meet

Thanks all for making this a fun meet. Our club Lego is growing!!! What a build a thon we had! Time really does fly when you're having fun. What did we build?: * Dean worked on his robotics with assistance from Claus and David. * Tara built a house (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: sorry I couldn't make it

Sounds like a good idea to me. I will get on that this week Silas Kevin Wilson wrote in message <397B8E82.B2E78F8@co...ve.com>... (...) sizes, (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: sorry I couldn't make it

(...) How about posting them on Brickshelf? Assuming that Dean abd Alex don't have time to post them on teh VLC website. Kevin (24 years ago, 24-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: G'day From Down Under

(...) Vancouver Lego Club is having a "free-for-all" meeting in August (ie no specific theme) but haven't set a date and theme for a Sept meeting yet. I'm sure you (and your wife if she's interested) would be very welcome to come as guests. Check (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jul-00, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Looking for the Model Team Helicopter?

Hey guys, I remember that a couple of people were interested in the Model Team helicopter that I brought in a couple of months ago. I see it's available on special from Lego S@H. (URL) like a good price too. Somebody commented that the windows would (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: sorry I couldn't make it

Well its nice to see I was missed. I do still have the pictures from the last meeting. I have cropped and compressed them to reasonable file sizes, so they can be e-mailed Silas Alexandria wrote in message <397000FC.BFA7D0C5@a....bc.ca>... (...) (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: sorry I couldn't make it

(...) I'll be away starting on August 19th, so I can only make it on the 17th or 18th. But that also depends whether I get hired for a job or not... If I do go, I have my own means of transportation (unfortunately I have a tiny car) and I'll (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: sorry I couldn't make it

(...) The show is August 17th (Thurs) to SUn 20th. We haven't decided yet how many are going or what exact date. I am still offering my van as trasnport: I can carry 4 passengers and still have cargo/Lego room :-) We have also been offered crash (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: sorry I couldn't make it

(...) Hi all, It's nice to be missed :-). I was thinking of you all last night, and once again hoping that you were taking lots of pics. I've been crazy busy for the last several weeks, and had a conflicting appt with last night's meeting. I didn't (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: sorry I couldn't make it

Major bummer, dude. You should have seen the technic! So cool. And Kevin brought this magnificent ferris wheel. Dean and I didn't get around to making anything because we've been so busy with our new business. You were missed... as was Robin. Robin? (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  sorry I couldn't make it

Sorry I couldn't make it to the gathering. My transportation option fell through, and it would have been an expensive cab ride! I could take a bus, but by the time I figure out which ones to take, and get to the stops, etc it will be quite late. (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: The future...

greetings, Perhaps this will be easier and less intimidating: (URL) much, Xandria (24 years ago, 3-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  The future...

Vancouver Lego Club Memorandum from Dean and Xandria Husby to other VLC members and those wishing to be members (but have not, as yet, joined for whatever reason). The VLC has been holding Member Meetings since early this year. As we took the (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jun-00, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: June 16 meeting

Well I would agree that I had fun. To top it off, on Saturday I went to Victoria and visited the Victoria Lego crowd. Two days of Lego mania in a row! We built a couple of rocked powered Lego cars, which was a blast! see for yourself. (URL) I am (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Structure of VLC

(...) I agree. I'd say we reserve the first 30 minutes or so for our 'admin.' meetings and new business. To keep things simple I suggest we adopt the 'Robert's Rules of Order' for our meetings. I also suggest that we appoint/vote for positions of (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jun-00, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Dead Horse

(...) That wasn't my point. I was saying that a public event where everyone isn't playing with LEGO would be safer (from the standpoint that nobody's private property would be likely to go missing) would be safer than if the events as they currently (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jun-00, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Dead Horse

This is my last post regarding this subject because the horse is more than dead, and if the concept cannot be comprehended, my continued blatherings are certainly not going to clarify. (...) Who would like to organize such an event? (...) SAFER? (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jun-00, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Public Events

(...) That's definitely a good idea. (...) Well, it's still only for those people that have actually caught wind of what's gonna be talked about. I can understand why you enjoy the kind of get-togethers that the VLC has currently, and I would never (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jun-00, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Structure of VLC

After the discussions on Friday, I did some thinking... One thing that became obvious is that trying to have business discussions as part of a "zoo" member play event like Fridays is difficult. People (eg ME) just don't remember things that are (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jun-00, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Public Events

(...) Well, I went to Legoland Windsor last summer (pics are on my web page) but because we only had time to "do" miniland there just wouldn't be a presentation in it. If there were several people who had been to the different Legolands, that might (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jun-00, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact