 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 150
Re: Dead Horse
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Sun, 18 Jun 2000 19:47:53 GMT

Alexandria wrote:

SAFER?  Please explain?  How is a Member event less safe than Public?
And again... who wants to organize a Public event?

That wasn't my point.  I was saying that a public event where everyone
isn't playing with LEGO would be safer (from the standpoint that
nobody's private property would be likely to go missing) would be safer
than if the events as they currently exist were to have public access.
I can see how what I said could be misinterpreted the way you took it,
though... I apologize for my ambiguity.

Mark, you seem to be contending we don't want to have Public events.  This is
not the case as has been explained so many times.  How would  you like to
organize the VLC's first Public event as you are so enthusiastic by the
concept?

If anybody is willing to tell me what to do, or who to talk to, I'd most
certainly be willing to volunteer my time.  I wasn't trying to blame VLC
members for the way things are, and I'm sorry if that's how it was
interpreted.  I was trying to offer a very specific suggestion for an
event in an attempt to get the ball rolling.  I was under the impression
that these things weren't happening because of the lack of concrete
suggestions.  If it's only because of lack of manpower, then please,
feel free to count me in... But as I said, I'm really not sure what it
is that I'd need to do.  If anybody can offer me some direction, I'll
happily do the actual legwork.

Mark