 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8005
Re: New Stuff at TRU - some old stuff too... YODA's for $43.00 !!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Sat, 12 Jul 2003 01:28:37 GMT

Yoda's are on clearance for $42 and change @ TRU. 75% off?
Spotted in Brampton. 3 left (at least until tommorrow)
Cheers
Oliver
Play Well.

"Calum Tsang" <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote in message
Hey guys,

New stuff spotted at TRU this evening.  Prices are if I remember • correctly.

Gravity Games:
3535 Skateboard Street Park $15 (Arch pack)
And a whole lot more.  Couldn't be bothered to remember.

Clikits:
For a guy who's solely Technic, John has an inordinate interest in Clikits
which he pretends is due to his girlfriend.  I doubt it.  Anyways, the
Clikit selection is in.   Creepy: Clikits characters wink at you as you walk
by. The staffer from the Girls department requests JeffVW to help stock the
shelves. :)

SW:
Hailfire and ATAT are in but apparently were pulled from shelves due to • 50% off
sale.

Inventor:
Stirring devil and blue rope bird seem to have dwindled in stock.  Are • they
selling?  No sign of Monkey.  They were there before a few weeks ago Is • this
good or bad?

Designer:
Most sets are in.

Jack Stone:
Has been renamed to 4 Juniors

Technic:
8455 Backhoe Loader $150 - Wow.  This set rocks (John showed me his built)
New Fire Truck $100.
Forklift $9
Dumptruck
Frontend Loader

Discovery:
7467 International Space Station $20
7468 Saturn V Mission
7469 Mission to Mars
7470 Shuttle Discovery $70 - Nicest of the group.
7471 Mars Rover

World City:
7030 Square Car $5
7031 Helicopter $15
7032 Police 4WD and Undercover Van $20
7033 Armored Car Action $30
7034 Surveillance Truck $40
7035 Police HQ $70

Trains:
Surprising selection of trains available.

4511 High Speed Train $130
4513 Grand Central Station $70 - This one looks surprisingly poor value.
4514 Cargo Crane $30

Model Team / Designer:
No sign of the truck, boat or helicopter.

Maybe John remembers more...all in all, I am extremely impressed by 2003.

Calum