 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6650
  Re: king-o-da-hill

this just came in from Steve, and seems like a good compromise... other ideas floating about. Over all, any time limit changes should only affect a small part of programming. not a major redesign of your robot. ---...---snip---...--- Chris, Here's (...) (22 years ago, 10-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: king-o-da-hill

(...) Let's not change the 3 minutes (it's been in writing for three months now), but if both designers agree nothing is going to change after a minute as Steve says, then yeah. Now if I have a super offensive move played at 2:53, the game should (...) (22 years ago, 10-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: king-o-da-hill

I agree with Calum. If the two combatants can mutually agree on the outcome before 3 minutes is up then the match can be called early. Otherwise let it run the full three minutes. Derek (...) (22 years ago, 10-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: king-o-da-hill

(...) OK, but what if I have a bot that gets to the top in the first 10 seconds, and just drives around looking.. then 2 min 30 sec later your robot decides to makes its great move... thats a GREAT strategy, but boring to watch. this scenario nulls (...) (22 years ago, 10-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: king-o-da-hill

(...) I have no idea what you mean by the latter sentence. BOTH robot owners have to agree to give up together. If you have the robot with something at 2:30, obviously you don't agree to draw. Boring? I suppose so. (...) Not at four days away from (...) (22 years ago, 10-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: king-o-da-hill

1. Don't we run these contest for ourselves not the audience? 2. Just because TV has given kids an attention span of less then 3ns doesn't mean we should cater to it. 3. There is no point 3! 4. If people can watch Formula One for 2 hours and nothing (...) (22 years ago, 10-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: king-o-da-hill

NEVER mind... Calum and i just had a heated discussion and he talked me down from the edge. he suggested that 4 days before an event is too late to make ANY changes. he agrees that we could have a boredom problem if 2 robots use the same time delay (...) (22 years ago, 10-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: king-o-da-hill

(...) Well, part of the game is dealing with a 3 minute game time. Your suggestion is to be able to "fast forward" this game time if no one uses it as as strategy option is commendable, but confusing for a change this late in the game. Calum (22 years ago, 10-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: king-o-da-hill

(...) Maybe a better way to put it is, I don't want this thing to become like Calvin-Ball: (URL) three minutes only if you need them all. But you'll have to declare it at the start of the day by standing on a chair and singing "Copacabana" by Barry (...) (22 years ago, 10-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: king-o-da-hill

"Calum Tsang" <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote in message news:HBJy4E.1JC@lugnet.com... (...) Iain (22 years ago, 10-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: king-o-da-hill

(...) That’s o.k. Ian, nuttin’ wrong with that... It’s no worse that still having imaginary-friends at 22 yrs old! An’ I'm proud to have a giant invisible *Koala named ‘Friz-bee’ --==Richard==-- *Well, if you had a woolly arboreal marsupial you (...) (22 years ago, 11-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: king-o-da-hill

I'm pleased to say that my robot is complete from a building point of view. All that's left is programming and a wee bit of testing. Then I'll have to spend another few days adjusting the program to account for 2 or 3 minute contests. Dave, (...) (22 years ago, 11-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: king-o-da-hill

(...) Bruce I've seen your code.... I understand why you need to take a few days to program in these changes... if you need help e-mail off list I'll do my best to show you what variable needs to be changed. t = 180 t = 120 t = 60 Chris (22 years ago, 11-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: king-o-da-hill

(...) Gee, thanks for the offer. BTW, I haven't been watching CNN lately...Did HELL FREEZE OVER? Bruce (22 years ago, 11-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: king-o-da-hill

(...) funny you should mention this... the day i posted that i did a search on google news and found this link: (URL) can call me after 6 pm to help you with your unruly code. Chris Why do solar calculators have an off button? (22 years ago, 11-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)