 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4299
Re: rtlToronto 11
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 27 Apr 2002 14:59:01 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno writes:

<snip>

I wanted this to be easy.   yes maybe even very easy. so i thought 12"
robot and 8" gap.

then I think, BAH, I can do that with a pre made bridge,  of the right
gap length........ so maybe it should be harder.... like 12" gap and 8"
robot......
But this means real thought and time in the constructions of the robots,
which breaks the easy rule.

<snip>

If there are going to be two events, "dragsters", and "capture the flag",
then let the dragster event be considered the easy one, similar to "sumo" in
previous years.

For the capture the flag event I propose the following:

- playfield is two tables, same height, no walls
- two bots start on one table, one flag is placed on the other table
(preset locations for all)
- maximum 30 X 30 X 30 cm bot size at start
- bot size can increase after start
- 45 cm gap (let's not get too crazy here, it is a race, and you still have
to find and raise the flag after crossing the gap)
- no stipulation on number of RCX's, motors, sensors, etc.
- bot and bridge must be as one, no separating parts, bridges, or decoy
flags left behind
- first bot to find and raise flag wins

I think these rules are challenging enough to keep it interesting for the
regulars, but keep in mind, it would be good to keep the game simple enough
so that a newcomer like myself can actually build and program a competitive bot.