 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4260
Re: rtlToronto 11
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 21:09:31 GMT

Since we're all putting in our 2 cents about
the dimensions, here goes:
12 inch robot, 20 or 24 inch gap

Has anybody actually tried to build a robot yet???
This theoretical debate is interesting and all, but
until someone actually tries to build something, we won't
really know how easy/difficult it will be to build an
X inch long robot to cross a Y inch long gap.

I'm thinking of just a rough prototype, probably not even
motor/RCX operated.

John

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Rob Stehlik writes:
8 inch robot. 24 inch gap.

Maybe thats exaggerating, but it would certainly be more interesting to
watch. I don't want to see prefab 12 inch bridges as Chris suggested. That
would be dead boring. At least make the gap bigger than the robot so some
type of bridge building has to be done. I suppose the other factor is
actually finding the flag. That will add some challenge to the event. Can we
have the flags on two stacked hubs to make it easier to detect with bumpers,
etc?
Oh yeah, whatever happened to the dragster idea? Iain? Dave? Do you think it
will happen? If so, you must specify the number of motors allowed, and the
type of batteries (alkaline). Otherwise people might get fancy with Nicad or
Nimh packs.
Rob