 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4254
Re: rtlToronto 11
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 16:09:02 GMT

Long time lurker, first time poster...

I have not seen any discussion lately about finalizing the rules for the
proposed "Capture the Flag" event. Any developments to report?

HI, welcome to the group.

:)

Geesh. If I had know that my laziness in posting "rules" to games would
draw people out then I can sit and lurk forever....

well, not really.

;)

Soon, I will get off my lazy butt and "finalize" the rules.  I guess the
only BIG rule that needs to be decided is table gap and robot size.

ARGGGggggggg

my dilemma is this:

I wanted this to be easy.   yes maybe even very easy. so i thought 12"
robot and 8" gap.

then I think, BAH, I can do that with a pre made bridge,  of the right
gap length........ so maybe it should be harder.... like 12" gap and 8"
robot......
But this means real thought and time in the constructions of the robots,
which breaks the easy rule.  NOW,

I know that for the most part, I can safely expect the "regulars" to
show up with a robot. and IF I make it easy enuff, Bruce might just show
up with a robot as well.  (sorry Bruce.  I just could not help that one)

IF the Majority of people who  show are regulars and this is TOO easy
then where is the fun in the games???

Also I still have to finalize a DATE, and book it with the Library.

Shrug. I just don't know......