 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4261
Re: rtlToronto 11
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 21:29:22 GMT

John Guerquin wrote:

Since we're all putting in our 2 cents about
the dimensions, here goes:
12 inch robot, 20 or 24 inch gap

Has anybody actually tried to build a robot yet???
This theoretical debate is interesting and all, but
until someone actually tries to build something, we won't
really know how easy/difficult it will be to build an
X inch long robot to cross a Y inch long gap.

I'm thinking of just a rough prototype, probably not even
motor/RCX operated.

I haven't built a prototype for this, but from trying to build a soccer robot, an
8 inch cube robot is probably too small.  In an 8 inch cube the RCX takes up a
large portion of the space.  I think we should stick with our usual 12 inch cube.

I would like to see the gap be at least the same size as the robot.  So a 12 inch
cube robot and a 12 inch gap.  A larger gap would also be cool.

Derek