 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 375
Re: Thanks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 00:13:56 GMT

Hi,

I always wanted to go to those events but it seems there is always something in
my life that prevent me to. I'll try to make it to the next lunch at least.

As for my suggestion.

May be it would be possible to confront a robot to a maze (wich would have no
dead ends) and make the robot map it. The robot would have to come back to
"home" and download what it has mapped. Is it feasible? This involve a lot more
programming than building. What do you think?

I also really like the idea of Iain with the high cable.

Has it ever been proposed to make robots(2) that do cooperative work to
accomplish a task?

Eric Lanteigne

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Iain Hendry writes:
"Chris Magno" <cmagno@home.com> wrote in message

2.  Calum and i are bored of Stacking.  much like marble sorting. after
2 events the novelty has worn off.  We want to do something else.   We
were inspired by a semi folded table and some sort of hill climbing
game......  but that's as far as it got. any ideas?

Climbing a hill would be really easy with that VERY nice smelling stuff
Steve had! ;)

this morning while dwelling on something Bruce S said, it would be nice
if we could come up with a game that involved Cartesian type robots.

!!!!!!!!

But i cant think of anything.  Bruce explained that any game that meets
the criteria of needing both robots to be in the same ring, to play will
always need to be mobile, thus: A C steering and 1 output for......
something.   Iain H. makes a BUNCH of industrial stationary robots that
are amazing to watch.  can they be incorporated into a game?

It would be kindly requested that fishing line be allowed if we do
cartesian!

maybe some kind of "hot potato" game,   or ???? what?

I know it sounds stupid/simple/kiddiesh, but I REALLY like this dragster
idea I saw on itLug (I think). Drag racers that have to get as FAST as
possible past the finish line, then BRAKE. IE, you have to STOP before
hiting a foul line, a few tens of centimetres behind the finish line.

This would be ultra-speedy spicy-hot action, granted... it would only last a
few seconds.

OH man, I just got a WEIRD idea.

You suspend two cables (strings? Fisning line?) across the room. Have the
robots hook onto the cable on one side of the room. In the centre is a goal,
and on the far side is something they have to move over top of, pick iup,
and deposit in the goal.

So your robot would have to go to the far side of the room, lower hook. Pick
up thing... lift, carry over goal, dump in goal.

HMMMmmmmmm!!!!!!!!

(insert Calum and Chris saying no because you can't do it in your own home
because STRING is non-LEGO ;) )

I just don't see any more stackers.   Dave S.  had a Seattle robot
gathering and one of the contests was to build a bot that pushed all
your opponents blocks out of your zone. (or something like that)

That's cool too!

   Iain