 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 370
Re: Thanks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 18 Feb 2001 18:05:35 GMT

Now I have way too many design upgrades and fixes for my 'bot from looking
at all those wonderful machines, I don't know whether to start from scratch
or not.

hummm don't get too focused on a stacker.

Calum and I were chatting and this seems as good a place as any to
express what we thought.

1.  we want to go back to only one event.

because we are in a public library, we have to be out at a VERY specific
time.  this is sad cause we never got to finish the sumo games.  our
choice's were to be better organized so that we can have BOTH games.....
or drop the sumo. YA, like we'll ever get that organized.

BING BING BING i just had an idea

for the next event, if we could get 2 rooms instead of the one, we would
have more space, and IF someone else wanted to organize the sumo we
could run both at the same time.  one big room, 2 half's, one half sumo
run by someone else, and the OTHER game run by me and any other glutton
for punishment.

the end result is that Calum and i can't run 2 events at the same time
in the same space.

Which brings us to

2.  Calum and i are bored of Stacking.  much like marble sorting. after
2 events the novelty has worn off.  We want to do something else.   We
were inspired by a semi folded table and some sort of hill climbing
game......  but that's as far as it got. any ideas?

this morning while dwelling on something Bruce S said, it would be nice
if we could come up with a game that involved Cartesian type robots.
But i cant think of anything.  Bruce explained that any game that meets
the criteria of needing both robots to be in the same ring, to play will
always need to be mobile, thus: A C steering and 1 output for......
something.   Iain H. makes a BUNCH of industrial stationary robots that
are amazing to watch.  can they be incorporated into a game?

maybe some kind of "hot potato" game,   or ???? what?

I just don't see any more stackers.   Dave S.  had a Seattle robot
gathering and one of the contests was to build a bot that pushed all
your opponents blocks out of your zone. (or something like that)

ideas???

Chris
Lego Walker now @
www.members.home.net/cmagno/technics/index.htm