 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 17853
Re: Can game - can you handle carpeting?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 17 Jan 2009 13:21:33 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Wayne Young wrote:
Just remembered that the flooring at the new location is carpet. Chris, Dave, do
you remember that to be the case too?

Oooof.  This turns out to be harder than I thought.  :)  My robot moves around
fine on the concrete floor of my condo.  I have a short-pile carpet rug from
IKEA in my "living room" - tried it out on that - epic fail!  Just a heads-up
from people who haven't started building yet, that maybe making sure your robot
runs OK on carpet should be a first priority!

Cheers,

-Iain

PS - My robot can successfully measure the volume of a can ;)  :tease: