 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 17843
Re: Can game - can you handle carpeting?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 9 Jan 2009 18:04:40 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Jeff Van Winden wrote:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Iain Hendry wrote:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Wayne Young wrote:

Yep, ditto. I also wondered what's to keep someone from pointing their robot at
the heaviest can and pressing Run?

Presumably, the cans could be placed in the field after the robots were
positioned in their starting corners?  And the rules do say "Each robot will
start in one corner of the play area at a 45 degree angle".

That is what i figured... W e may have another problem though, If the room is
carpeted, will a Robot be able to differentiate between the carpet and the Black
Tape?

Whoah, that's news to me, I'd planned on a wood border.

What about using duct tape? Might be easier to distinguish from the carpet.

...but I hear you.  :)

Are the cans any size from like a pop can, small soup can... up to that 1.2 L
Apple Juice can?

That is correct, And Wayne if we use popcans, then your magnet Idea may be very
intresting....

Thought of that, and assumed that the heaviest can would not be aluminum. What
could possible go wrong?

-Iain

jeff VW