 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 16492
Re: Official scores from rtl21--Chris didn't win... again!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 31 Jul 2006 16:52:06 GMT

David Koudys wrote:
tied for first place--Edward and John G--they both won 11 of their 12 matches
second went to Vitali--winning 9 out of 12 matches
Ka-On was third, winning 8 matches and tieing 1--yes, an actual tie score!!
Rob A was fourth, winning 7 matches and had a tie game against Ka-On
Calum won 6 matches, placing him in fifth (and with a higher score than Chris)
Sixth place was tied--both Trevyn and Chris won 5 matches out of 12
Seventh place was again tied--Derek and Dave K won 4 out of 12
John/Ian's 1.5 kg 'bot won 3 matches, putting them in 8th
Finally, tied for 9th were Tomer and Glen, winning 2 matches each.

If one was to nit-pick, one could argue the placings where:

First John G and Edward
Third Vitali
Fourth Ka-On
Fifth Rob A
Sixth Calum
Seventh Trevyn and Chris
Ninth Derek and Dave K
Eleventh John/Ian
Twelfth Tomer and Glen

But this means I came in ninth so I'm happy with Dave's way.  But if we
use my way to rate Chris, then:

I tied with Chris!

:-)

The good bit here was that no one lost all matches.  That was great.

Ya, all the games where really good.  All the bots worked well.

One more good bit was the weight restriction--I had to build a 'bot that I
wasn't used to--small and light.  We should definitely do this again.

We would need to throw a wrench into the rules some how.  At this point
we all know what the best design is to defeat all the bots that where
there.  But definitely worth revisiting.

Derek