 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 16501
Re: Official scores from rtl21--Chris didn't win... again!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 2006 12:22:09 GMT

David Koudys wrote:
What's it like to lose all the time, Chris?

You beat me?  You beat a 'bot that was made basically the day of the
competition??

Eh--here's the breakdown--

13 competitors--78 match-ups...

tied for first place--Edward and John G--they both won 11 of their 12 matches
second went to Vitali--winning 9 out of 12 matches
Ka-On was third, winning 8 matches and tieing 1--yes, an actual tie score!!
Rob A was fourth, winning 7 matches and had a tie game against Ka-On
Calum won 6 matches, placing him in fifth (and with a higher score than Chris)
Sixth place was tied--both Trevyn and Chris won 5 matches out of 12
Seventh place was again tied--Derek and Dave K won 4 out of 12
John/Ian's 1.5 kg 'bot won 3 matches, putting them in 8th
Finally, tied for 9th were Tomer and Glen, winning 2 matches each.

The good bit here was that no one lost all matches.  That was great.

The other good bit was that Chris was no where near top spot.

One more good bit was the weight restriction--I had to build a 'bot that I
wasn't used to--small and light.  We should definitely do this again.

A further good bit was the 'anti-x' yippage in this NG which got me thinking
about nifty ways to build a tug-o-war 'bot.  One should not be taunted into not
building by Chris--rather use it as an incentive to actually build a 'bot to
whup his heinie--I only built a 'bot due to Chris's yippage.

One thing we should consider, and I think I've stated this before--we should
re-run some competitions the next time so we can improve our designs and
such--coming up with a different competition each and every time for an rtl
event is fine and all, but what I learned from this one I will not be able to
apply to building a better tug of war 'bot 'cause there won't be a next time.  I
mean, sure for monkey bars it was not a great idea to rerun it 'cause of Rob's
'bot, but this one--I think I can buld a 'bot that would beat Edwards and
John's...

But I do go on sometimes...

Anyway, all told a very fun event.

Dave K

I PROTEST!!!!!

if this was a real game organized by competent people, then the
following would have happened.

John G - Disqualified for re-building his bot once he saw that other
bots had a strategy to defeat his bot.

Ed- Disqualified for needing to use the Extra rope.

Vitali - Disqualified for thinking the posted table length of 60" was real.

Iain/Jon - Disqualified for an over weight robot

Dave - Disqualified for an over weight robot.

that would make me the clear winner over those who entered a bot and
DIDNT get disqualified.

All that counts is that I BEAT up your robot, and Derek's and Rob's.
and... I think someone else.

Would it kill you to post the graph?

:)

it was a good game. I agree with Derek, if we re-do this, then most
people would build a hook bot, and a winch.  We would need to re-do the
rules so that those bots would either be useless, or people would find a
better secret weapon.

how fun would it be to have 13 people enter hooks.  it would be a day of
  watching tables be pulled together.

Good game guys.  Thanks.

Chris