 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 16554
Re: rtl21 B
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 3 Aug 2006 20:11:07 GMT

Rob Antonishen wrote:
Then you should have geared them down more.

If it was possible to stall the motors, and the tires weren't slipping
then your speed would have been reduced more, increasing your torque
until you got to a point just before they would slip.

Yes but his design relied on speed as well.

So what he really needed is a dual drive system that allowed a high
torque motor to come into play when the high speed motor was stalled.

I built one of these for my king of the hill robot which never got
finished.  I was going to use it in one of my tug of war bots which
never got finished.

Derek