 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12355
Re: Rule check
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 2004 15:12:14 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Wayne Young wrote:

More importantly, the current scoring really doesn't give me a reason to
sort--the +1 for each right block doesn't come close to justifying the effort to
sort when adding any colour block to my tower gives better points.

Dave K

BTW, I agree there is little incentive to sort, or even to build blocks in your
starting area. But, this contest is all about block stacking, right?

Little incentive?  That's still overstating the importance of sorting.

But, I hate to repeat myself...

http://news.lugnet.com/org/ca/rtltoronto/?n=12279

So a valid strategy would be to pile up a heap of blocks and let the humans
figure out what the stacks are? Add in some random driving around to knock down
opponent stacks, and you know what, that could be entertaining!

That sounds like a Chris plan.

It's not hard to count stacks.  If you have a bunch of blocks sitting on the
table, and you throw 1 block on top, you have 1 two block tower, and a bunch of
1 block "towers".

If you have a pyramid with 1 block on top of 4 blocks on top of 9 blocks, that's
1 three block tower, 3 two block towers, and 5 one block "towers".

Steve