 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12354
Re: Rule check
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 2004 14:41:04 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Rob Antonishen wrote:
I know I'm getting incredibly picky now, but if my bot had a stack
hopper that was 1x2 blocks,  the following two scenarios could result
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ffaat/stuff/sloppystack.jpg>

So by the current scoring rules, (1) would count as two 4 block towers
even though they touch, but what would (2) score as?  a) One 4 block
tower? b) One 2 block tower and 1 four block tower? c) nothing?

-Rob A>

Two block tower and a four block tower.

At least, that's the way I see it...

More importantly, the current scoring really doesn't give me a reason to
sort--the +1 for each right block doesn't come close to justifying the effort to
sort when adding any colour block to my tower gives better points.

Dave K

So a valid strategy would be to pile up a heap of blocks and let the humans
figure out what the stacks are? Add in some random driving around to knock down
opponent stacks, and you know what, that could be entertaining!

BTW, I agree there is little incentive to sort, or even to build blocks in your
starting area. But, this contest is all about block stacking, right?