 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12215
Re: Onwards to rtlToronto18...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 2004 14:10:55 GMT

Can towers touch the sides of the arena?

I can't see why not...I don't think this ever came up.

Although I proposed this rule, the problem with it is it forces anyone
who builds towers to also sort.  Since we were discussing allowing
different levels of participation to complete, this seems a little
restrictive.

I would like to suggest we reward the construction of a tower in your
home colour, rather then penalize one that's not.  That way a pure tower
builder can compete and not have to worry about sorting.

Isn't that just six or half of one dozen?

I think we should play a few scenarios based on past performances and
try and work a balance.  While keeping it simple too.

Can you though?  The only person to have really found home consistently was
JeffE back in rtl3/4.

-Sorting  - return blocks of your colour to your home.
-Tower Building - build a tower of blocks
-Home Colour Tower Building - build a tower out of blocks of your home
colour.
-Home Colour Tower Building at Home - build a tower out of blocks of
your home colour on your home square.

The great thing is if you can pull off the last one you get points from
each of the catagories.  Each block in the tower counts for sorting, you
built a tower, the tower is in your home colour and of course you build
a tower in your home colour at home.

However the complexity of achieving that last one could lead to a lot of
failures.  A simple sort the blocks or build a tower robot could do
quite well.

So, you want to give people points for returning blocks (ie, towers of 1 tall)
into home?

How do you propose the point difference between Tower Building and Home Colour
Tower Building and Home Colour Tower Building at Home?

Calum