 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12192
Re: Onwards to rtlToronto18...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 2004 01:27:51 GMT

"Calum Tsang" <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote in message
Well, yesterday, strangely enough, was a lot of fun:  A simple contest,
with a
lot of entries (ten!), most of which worked.  And I even entered a working
robot
that actually was somewhat successful.  Congratulations to Greg Hyland and
Rob
Antonishen, who came in first and second.

Good to hear you had a good turn out, i had to work, again.

So...the inevitable question.  What to do next for rtlToronto18?

The goal of this event is a moderate to difficult challenge target in
February
of 2005.

The current proposal is "Cube Sorting and Stacking":

<SNIP>

-Two-class approach:  Example would be, entry-class just need to build a
stack,
competitor class needs to build a stack of your own colour inside home
square.

How about just gathering blocks (say, in an onboard hopper) as the entry
level game, and stacking them as the second level?

Okay, let's go, I want to get a head start on rules and graphics for
this...

Calum

Cheers
Oliver