 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12208
Re: Onwards to rtlToronto18...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 2004 18:41:11 GMT

Calum Tsang wrote:
So, the draw of the new contest is:

-Smaller blocks: Harder to manipulate
-Coloured blocks:  Addition of sorting function
-Smaller size:  Need to be more clever in construction

The smaller size is the big draw for me.  Since block stacking has been
done several times before making it smaller erases a lot of the past
experience several competitors might otherwise have.

Not necessarily:

We could set up a few goals, of which your robot can try and maximize.  For
example:

-You get points for building at home
-You get points for sorting blocks
-You get points for building towers

I like the idea of creating a point system that rewards different
aspects of the contest.  It might take some wrangling to create a
balanced system.  We'd want the base line aspects of the contest to be
fairly equally rewarded.  If bring your blocks back to your square is
worth too much, no-one will bother just building stacks.  I think the
scoring should focus on building towers.

Derek