 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 116
Re: Is Sumo in or out? Please make it "in"!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 12 Nov 2000 05:41:06 GMT

That's a question I can't answer.  A question for the group:  Are there at
least going to be four entries to make David's effort worthwhile?

Umm, as usual I cant say.  maybe there are MANY lurkers out there who
will enter a sumo bot, but we will never know until game day.

So,  i hear by decree that there WILL  be a SUMO game for the purposes
of getting people who are beginners (or who like the game) involved.
anyone can enter, and you can build as complex a bot as you want.

we can not guarantee how many entries. and only calum can say if it will
be the same table top playing surface.

my take on it is that if a newcomer enters a sumo bot and no one else
dose.......oh well.  we cant worry about everybody's feelings.  if
someone builds a sumo bot, and shows up, they will see how much fun it
is and will move on to stacking..... or whatever the next one is.  like
maybe competitive aggressive axle sorting.  ;)

so Dave, i hope that answers your question.  we will have a sumo game.
if when we show up there is a line out the door of sumo bots then Calum
and I will decided then and there about if we should have 2 class's and
a qualifying match......

if only 3 people show up with a bot then....... well, you saw how it
goes.

:)

i look forward to seeing your aggressive sumo bot that actively searches
out other bots and crushes them into abs dust.

Chris
Lego Walker now @
www.members.home.net/cmagno/technics/index.htm