 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 106
Re: Is Sumo in or out? Please make it "in"!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 8 Nov 2000 19:09:59 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Rob Stehlik writes:

After the last competition, I was really quite disappointed in my pathetic
block barfer that I spent so much time developing. But thats life. A little
more pressure and crowd could be fun. I like the idea of rewarding the
winner, and making a bit more of a show out of it. In some way, our setup
seems to be a little too much on the who cares attitude. If you work so hard
on the darn robot, you want some sort of recognition!

Rob, that was a wonderful design and I'm currently implementing some of your
ideas in my next stacker.
So the focus... hmmm... I go for the challenge and whether there's 5 people
or 5 thousand, to me it doesn't matter.  I find the people who share my
interests in a group and stick with them.  Then again, I've always been
comfortable in front of a microphone in a crowd.
But that's just me.
Oh, and winning? I have a poster so nyaah nyaah nyaah ;)
Ah, winning is not a big issue in the winning, it's the challenge of coming
up with designs to do what has to be done that I most enjoy.  Iain's ramp
'bot taught me to 'think outside the box'.  Your elevator 'bot showed me
that it could be done (I tried for days and couldn't get it to work), so
basically I'm there for a) friendship, people who share my enthusiasm for
LEGO, and b) construction and design techniques that I otherwise would never
think of.
Anyway, that's how I see it.
Dave