 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10710
Re: The NEXT game.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 2004 15:29:41 GMT

5. anything Rob S. wanted was flat out ignored

Anything anyone wants will be flat out ignored.  Sick of doing games where the
requestor doesn't show the hell up (Rob, Matthias, Greg :).

so with that in mind we came up with MANY ideas that I just didn't like.

Our venue for the next game will be at the oakwood library. that space
has a pipe grid in the ceiling, that just BEGS to be used.

so, at the end of the night, we all seemed to like the idea of a Rope
climbing game.

the concept is this.  (rules to be finalized)

8" cubed max size robot.
15' of #8 cotton sash cord
one BELL

build a robot, that starts off no larger than 8" cubed, and have it
drive forward (maybe 3 feet ish) to find a rope suspended 12"  off the
ground.

the first robot to climb the twelve foot height to ring the bell will
win.

I've been dying to do a rope/over our heads game for a long long time.    LEAVE
NO PART OF YOUR ROBOT ON FLOOR.  YOU TAKE IT ALL, DINK. :)

Now that that has been stated, some debate:

Rope and distance from rope at a defined distance?
Load robot must carry?
RCX limit?
Rope knotted?
Specs for rope for purchase at Rona?

What determines win?  Fastest up the rope?

2 ropes will be hung, so robots can compete at the same time.

Probably three. We need a test rope as well.  There'll probably need to be some
sort of "don't screw with IR" time during competitions.

I'd like some feedback from the rest of the group !!!! WHO WILL ENTER
!!! a robot.

This sounds like a good game--

Calum