 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / *6234 (-20)
  Re: Train 4 Trainyard...

(...) My two odules have all the track bolted down and ready to go. I was referring to the box o' track I may bring to set up an impromptu railyard so we have a place to store rolling stock 'n such. Right now I only have one extra module, but (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train 4 Trainyard...

I kinda thought we'd put on new trains by setting them at the top of the ramp and letting them zip down on their own. It's called *rolling* stock, right? :D By all means, add a rail yard if you have the time and energy. Right now, I *think* Jeff VW (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train 4: Coming Soon

You know, I completely bafflegabbed that message. The joint between Ramp 1 and 2 is exactly *6* bricks. However, that does indeed mean that the joint between the 2nd and 3rd curve segment on that turn is 4 bricks, so we're good. Me not talk so good. (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Train 4 Trainyard...

So I note after looking at the wonderful layout done by Jeff, that there is no place to park all the rolling stock when not in use. So we'll have to put on, and take off the trains when we want to change stuff. But wait, says Dave, I have a box full (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train 4: Coming Soon

(...) <snip> We're good then 'cause at the end of my second curve I'm at exactly 4 bricks high :) Then I hand off to you... I have eliminated all landscaping *sigh*, and am in the process of filling the module with misc buildings and forestry. (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train 4: Coming Soon

Looks great, Dave! Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier about track heights. The joint between Ramp2 and Ramp 1 is exactly 4 bricks elevation. "Standard" track height on the layout is 1 plate (to allow curves, switches, etc). I adhere to the (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: I'm Back...

(...) Could it be that late 80s music??? (22 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train 4: Coming Soon

<snip> This is what I was going for but I have no time to complete it at all... I'm probably going back to work tomorrow--the first time I'll actually get there since Christmas Eve day, so there's probably a whole bunch of stuff I have to catch up (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train 4: Coming Soon

<snip> This is what I was going for but I have no time to complete it at all... I'm probably going back to work tomorrow--the first time I'll actually get there since Christmas Eve day, so there's probably a whole bunch of stuff I have to catch up (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train 4: Coming Soon

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, David Koudys writes: <snip> (...) At the end of the second curve piece of track that leaves my module I'm at 12 plates high. I hope that's good 'nuff for whomevers building the ramp up to Altenberg. I also hope that (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  I'm Back...

OK, so much info, so little time. Kate and the Baby are doing very well, and I want to really thank this community for your very kind words of support. Thank you In the past few days I have learned to do most of the same things I've done all my (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtl15: Raiders of the Lost Part

That looks like a very interesting contest. Good job on the graphic Calum. Bruce (22 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

"Calum Tsang" <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote in message news:H8LCq7.C23@lugnet.com... (...) It might be easier to just put a bin in the centre, or something like that. A complicated thing like the truncated pyramid, with compound mitred edges, is (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  rtl15: Raiders of the Lost Part

Hi folks, Here's an idea that came to me the other day for a future contest: (URL) idea is that you start in your corner, and get onto a truncated pyramidal platform which contain a pit in the center. The center is filled with Lego pieces or (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Please join me in congratulating...

Way to go Chris and Kate! (Mostly Kate) Rob (22 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train 4: Coming Soon

(...) So does the ramp up to the top platform start at the switch or after the first curve? I'm starting to put something together now. Dave K (22 years ago, 11-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Please join me in congratulating...

I guess it's time to shop for some Duplo, Scala, and/or Belville! Congratulations Kate and Chris. So when's #2 coming? :) Mario (22 years ago, 11-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Please join me in congratulating...

(...) That is wonderful news. Congrats Chris... Abby is a great name... ...and Chris gets a new Legomaniac at his house... just watch out for the first couple years... ;) Ben (22 years ago, 10-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Please join me in congratulating...

(...) ??? Shyeah right.... ;) Now Chris has a bona-fidy excuse to act childish ;) Quote to Kate sometime in the near future in the Magno household: "Me? Acting childish?? Just having fun with Abby!" One of my friends, who didn't have kids until he (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train 4: Coming Soon

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Jeff Elliott writes: <snip> (...) Yeah, I got nothin' Well, I have track and baseplates.. I was thinking about getting some of my green bricks together and soing a forest/hill thing as *something*, but the lack o' energy (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact