 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6222
Re: rtl15: Raiders of the Lost Part
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 12 Jan 2003 08:40:48 GMT

"Calum Tsang" <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote in message

Comments?

It might be easier to just put a bin in the centre, or something like that.
A complicated thing like the truncated pyramid, with compound mitred edges,
is difficult to construct.

I still think at some point we should do maze robots.  And no, not every
robot following the left hand rule will win.  :)  There are mazes that have
floating centres that forbid a robot following an edge from completing the
circuit.  Pen on paper maze has minimal infrastructure and could be done
relativley easily.

(I shouldn't even suggest maze robots though, becuase I'd be horrid at the
programming and have a dodgy robot that'd be pinging all over.  The logic on
that is really difficult.)

I am looking forward to the next contest, climbing up onto the box and
dominating it.  My robot's going to have black fishnets and a whip.

You can type "stewardess" with one hand!

    Iain