 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / *4384 (-20)
  Re: rtl12 Game Proposal

(...) I get the flavor, not to worry... You may not realise that I was riffing though, my humor can be a bit subtle sometimes. (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtl12 Game Proposal

(...) I don't think you've got the flavour of rtlToronto-it's not really that big of a deal. The aim of the vending machine game will really be more one of building the most complicated, elegant and impressive mechanism. The money part of it, well, (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Sumo-Train Competition

(...) True, but that's a problem for the crane arm designer to take into account. Done properly it may actually be something to take advantage of! (...) Do you mean the kind that has 4 crossings? I'm thinking you could do it with just one crossing (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Sumo-Train Competition

(...) One problem with a parallel double loop is that with only one curve radius, you don't get a real "parallel" curve. (...) A double figure 8 would easily get an "even" fight. You then start each train on the outside track of one of the lobes. I (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtl12 Game Proposal

Whoops. Sorry about that content free post just now. (...) Could you impose price controls here to avoid that? Disallow selling things for less than they cost? Require that all things cost less than a loon and require people to take only loons? (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtl12 Game Proposal

(...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Thanks Erik! (Performa Love)

Your welcome! (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Thanks Erik! (Performa Love)

Thanks to Erik Olson, I have greatly expanded the use of my Macintosh Performa. After installing OS 8 (and being blown away, mind you), I installed Stuffit Expander, and managed to use the intuative setup guide to get the 14.4 modem on it to go (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Straight Outta Brampton...RC Racer

So I was up in Brampton this week and got a chance to check out the Lego up there. Anyways, I found a 5599 RC Racer at the Winners there-they're $69.99 and while it's not an incredible deal, it is a fun little toy. FYI, here are the stores that DO (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto11 Event Rules Posted

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Calum Tsang writes: <snip> (...) <snip> If it is going to be a race to the flag then a designated starting point is a good idea. Otherwise, the 'start anywhere rule' will just have everyone set up their bot pearched on (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtl12 Game Proposal

(...) NO, and hear is why: If you decide to vend five dollar bills and only charge a buck, then your robot will collect the most audience dollars. and you win. BUT at what cost??? NOW, pretend you want to vend something gross, like small ducks, then (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto11 Event Rules Posted

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Trevyn Watson writes: <snip> (...) <snip> How about utilizing a device to get multiple outputs from just one or two motors? Check out: (URL) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: An Unique Christmas Gift

-n (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto11 Event Rules Posted

"David Koudys" <dkoudys@redeemer.on.ca> wrote in message news:Gvqsyn.Ar4@lugnet.com... (...) it Yeah, Calum's insane. 1 metre fall with LEGO is fatal. 300 mm drop *maybe*. Iain (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtl12 Game Proposal

"Chris Magno" <cmagno@rogers.com> wrote in message news:3CD879B5.19A3EF...ers.com... (...) Careful. I'll take that very literally if you don't tone it down. :) Iain (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtl12 Game Proposal

(...) Because this Game in a "no Brainer" it would be possible to to just set up your vending machine and then walk away and look at other robots. So that we can have a more social event. The machine would be allowed to dispense ANYTHING you can (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto11 Event Rules Posted

we don't have to go to the three table idea if we (and i think I have) decide to start robots in the lower right side of your table. I'm just confused as to how to "score" against neither robot getting the flag. OR one cross but no flag, or....... (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Sumo-Train Competition

(...) This sounds absolutely hilarious. One suggestion I would have might be to have two crossovers so each competitor spent 1/2 of its time on the inside of the "oval" and 1/2 on the outside. My suspicion is that the crane boom swinging packs a lot (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: rtlToronto11 Event Rules Posted

(...) It was originally on carpet from three feet, IIRC. (...) You know, I like it too. Anyone seriously objecting to having three tables as Trevyn proposes? (...) Anyone up for overclocking your RCX? :) Calum (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto11 Event Rules Posted

Ok... I like the single RCX rule. (Although, I think if some builders want to use two RCX's, then let them. Its so much extra weight to carry around I think it would be a huge disadvantage.) I like the fact that the gap is not smaller than the (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact