 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / *2959 (-20)
  Re: Why I like Calum

(...) Yes, TOS was brilliant in concept only. TNG was *far* superior, although if you watch early episodes from the first season, it is a hoot. It is extremely interesting (to me, anyway) to watch the first season sequentially and literary watch the (...) (23 years ago, 13-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Why I like Calum (in Red Sauce with a Nice Bordeaux...)

(...) Hey Hoppy...., :) you forgot the episodes with "Q", ferengi, and the Borg. These are some of my favorite episodes. Maybe you covered them already. I guess that was one differing concept with TNG, a more than one episode approach to adversary (...) (23 years ago, 13-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Diary of a sorting man

(...) I totally aggree. As an owner of an 8448 supercar, an 8444 air enforcer, an 8001 battle droid, an 8002 destroyer droid, many smaller technic sets (throwbots, bionicles, roboriders etc), a fair number of starwars and life on mars sets, my 4561 (...) (23 years ago, 13-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.storage)

  Re: Diary of a sorting man

(...) Excellent! I've had similar experiences myself. It took what seemed forever to sort my Technic, but it pays off whenever I build new mecha these days. I can find any part within a few seconds. The other upside being that I know how many of a (...) (23 years ago, 12-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.storage)

  Re: Diary of a sorting man

(...) I had my stuff sorted into those plastic ice cream containers--worked really well. plates were sorted by colour so i could use just black and grey in my 'bots. i had a canadian tire organizer (the one with the 1.5x2x6 inch plastic drawer in a (...) (23 years ago, 12-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Diary of a sorting man

(...) Yup. But the ratio of useful/common elements to weird ones was much higher. Nowadays it's nearly 1:1 or lower! (...) Well, I continously cull out bricks I don't like. Not so much like Bruce does (Microscout!? Blah! Toss it!) (BTW Bruce, if you (...) (23 years ago, 12-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Why I like Calum (in Red Sauce with a Nice Bordeaux...)

(...) Sorry to butt in here but it has nothing to do with whether the man can act or not (although he does have very few moves as an actor). It is simply the case that The Next Generation show had better stories to tell overall than the original (...) (23 years ago, 12-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Why I like Calum

(...) I hate to say it, but I dislike TOS significantly. I don't mind the movies, but I like TNG much more. The rest didn't do me any good, not that DeepSpace9 or Voyager or even this Enterprise thing. (...) Well, for one, they could start by not (...) (23 years ago, 12-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Why I like Calum

(...) K, I'm the sole member in the camp that thought Shatner was great as Captain Kirk. Sure, campy at times, but I just love James Tiberius Kirk--"Risk *is* our business..." Sure we can look back *now*, after all the sci-fi of the '90's - '00's (...) (23 years ago, 12-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Future Train Shows

Is there any upcoming train shows that rtl would mind participating in? Isn't there a show in May that MONLUG is primarily in, that might warrant unified participation from all 3 (MONlug, ParLUGment, and RTLtoronto) groups? I was just looking at the (...) (23 years ago, 12-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Diary of a sorting man

(...) Wow...that is incredible. I tried sorting stuff out, and it DOES make building a LOT easier. And the realized that over the years Lego was just as guilty back then (in the golden years) for putting out specialized elements for certain sets. (...) (23 years ago, 12-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Diary of a sorting man

The last few weeks I've been sorting. In a bad way. Before rtlToronto9, I started sorting out pieces. It made Technic building so easy, especially to get what you needed when you were trying to assemble something you had in mind. It also made (...) (23 years ago, 12-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: (un)friendly reminder???

<snip> (...) What about chasing the Racoon (predators!!!?) :) Benjamin Medinets (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: (un)friendly reminder???

(...) I'll probably bring the wind turbines Iain and I built plus a few small cars and other bits. (...) I have the VisionCommand camera running fine on Windows 2000 Server on a Dell Optiplex machine. Works great. I suspect the problem with Logitech (...) (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  (un)friendly reminder???

Hi.... just posting to remind all the local Toronto-area lego enthusiasts that Friday (the 14th) is the next dinner a la Mel's on Bloor St. Also, is anybody intending to bring something special to Friday, or are you going to keep it a surprise. Last (...) (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Why I like Calum

(...) Of course, that only supports your argument if one believes that Classic Trek was better than TNG. Which it wasn't. It's not hard to see, just watch an episode of classic trek right beofre an episode of TNG. In the classic trek episode, you (...) (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Why I like Calum

(...) Why I like Calum You know what’s really interestin’? Calum just expressed a thought that I had previously believed to be solely within my own twisted psyche. I honestly believed that I was the only one who drew extensive parallels between (...) (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Mmm

Just found some more Tiesto: o Dallas 4 PM (AMAZING, makes me think of Turbines at sunset, rotating to the beat) o Magik Journey Also, o Macross LES - Ai Oboeteimasuka Definately recomend. To go along with songs like these, you just certainly need (...) (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: <Road Trip>

"Richard Noeckel" <shroud_of_kung_fu@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GnxrK7.7vy@lugnet.com... (...) AWESOME!!! For what it's worth, I was over at the Turbine again on Sunday. It is SO GORGEOUS. I can't even put it into words. When you aproach it (...) (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  <Road Trip>

(...) I'm In!!! <Road Trip> Sounds interestin’ If Rob’s goin’ then I'm in two. (Rob lives like 13 min from me.) -R (23 years ago, 6-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact