 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2955
Re: Diary of a sorting man
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 17:12:33 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Benjamin Medinets writes:
Wow...that is incredible.  I tried sorting stuff out, and it DOES make
building a LOT easier.  And the realized that over the years Lego
was just as guilty back then (in the golden years) for putting out
specialized elements for certain sets.

I had my stuff sorted into those plastic ice cream containers--worked really
well.
plates were sorted by colour so i could use just black and grey in my 'bots.
i had a canadian tire organizer (the one with the 1.5x2x6 inch plastic
drawer in a shelving unit that held 20-30 such drawers) for all my little
finicky pieces

and i had boxes for my basic bricks, organized by 1xn in one box, and 2xn in
aonther box.

then i discovered walmart and rubbermaid :)

so now everything is in those see thru 20 litre containers (and they stack
nicely :) )

as i get LEGO, i try to sort it as it comes into the house.

I also had to go out and buy those rubbermaid 80 litre 'rugged' containers
for my basic bricks now, have sooo many of them.

Ads in the paper really work :)

My technic stuff is all separate from anything else, and is in my toolbox
with plano sorting boxes that fit wonderfully inside said toolbox.

in january all my LEGO (sans technic and train) is taking a trip to the
local school for the grade one class to have fun for a few weeks.  i'm
trying to entice the teacher to let me give a little train/bot demo at the
end of the two weeks--think it would be neat for the kids to see what can be
done with LEGO.

Anywho, that's it from this sorting man.