 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2943
2942  |  2944
Subject:
Why I like Calum
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 04:17:49 GMT

There seems to be two camps about these shows, one that is pro-Bill Nye and
the other, pro-Beakman's World:

http://www.grudge-match.com/History/nye-beakman.shtml

Unfortunately I'm of the faction that supports Beakman, Lester and Liza.
I suspect the reason why I dislike Bill Nye the show is because he's far too
Disney-esque.  In fact, I think his show IS produced by Disney.   Though
Bill Nye has much wider distribution, Beakman was always better produced,
written and edited.  And the guy in the rat suit with the Rolex was hilarious.
Calum

Why I like Calum

You know what’s really interestin’?
Calum just expressed a thought that I had previously believed to be
solely within my own twisted psyche.

I honestly believed that I was the only one who drew extensive parallels
between those two shows!
And what’s even neater… I too find Beakman’s show to be superior!
I thought that Bill Nye totally ‘rode the coat-tails’ of Beakman’s innovative
approach to the teaching of Science & Technology.

                   Nice to know I'm not alone,

     --==Richard ‘comforted in his insanity’ Noeckel==--

“Beakman is original Trek. Nye is Next Generation. Nye dies.”
- Dwayne Martineau