 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2960
Re: Why I like Calum (in Red Sauce with a Nice Bordeaux...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 14:11:26 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Benjamin Medinets writes:
Anyways, I usually don't post too much stuff that isn't related to
Lego.  But I do like to take the opportunity to watch some decent
movies, (sometimes many times over!!) when I am not busy designing
a model or busy with school work.

Benjamin Medinets

I build LEGO models whilstwatching great movies.  Fav. Star Trek movie is
6-Undiscovered Country.

Bill Nye 'Consider the following (tm)':

If we say TOS is a Model T and TNG is a '65 Ferrari (he polishes it with a
diaper...' and ask people to choose, most would choose the ferrari.

The problem is, without the Model T, there'd be no ferrari--that's my only
point.

Best TNG eps:

#1 - Relics - If you don't know it, I'm sorry.

#2 - Best of Both Worlds Part 1 - Shelby was magnificent, the Borg were
brutal and harsh and scary (the way Borg should be, not this easily defeated
foe a la Voyager)

#3 - Forget the Name - Picard dies and finds Q in the afterlife - priceless
quotes and wonderful 'It's a Wonderful Life' like story

#4 - Inner Light - Picard living an entire alternate life in the span of 25
minutes was touching

#5 - Measure of a Man - Data on trial for his life - only pre-season 3 ep
that was really good.  I mean Pulaski was a good actress, but season 1 and 2
was pretty sad all around.  You will note that in this ep, Picard was alot
like Shatner... 'Find new life?  Well *there* *it* *sits*'...'

The best DS9 ep - More Tribbles, More Troubles--Really cute seeing O'Brien
in the lineup with Scotty, et al, getting admonished by Capt. Kirk.

Voyager:  All good, 'specially after the 4th season ;)

Enterprise I'm liking, and I think it'll come into its own soon, all the
rest did.

In the end, I'm not the Trekkie I once was, but I still really appreciate it
for what it is--a way to express issues and problems we face daily in an
alternate reality.

Thank you Gene for that.

Anywho, i digress from rtl topics, and I'll see you all on Friday